Sunday, April 1, 2012

Nags Head


With all this warm weather we’ve had lately, everyone knows that summer is getting closer. Summer is probably my favorite season of the year. Not just because we get out of school, but because I get to see all of my old friends. Last summer was very memorable for me due to my trip to Nags Head. I had been to Nags Head numerous times before, but this was the first time I had been without any other older adults. Yes we were all 18 or older, but it was still a whole new experience not having any parents there. We went the week after graduation, so I guess you could call it a senior trip. The first afternoon, we headed to the beach and got some sun. After that we went to the cottage and got in the hot tub as it started to rain. The cold rain hitting your skin while sitting in the hot water feels great. The next day we decided to take one of my buddy’s trucks on the beach even though it’s two wheel drive. This was definitely not one of our better ideas. It was all fun and games until we stopped in the sand and then tried to start moving again. Somehow we managed to push the truck out and get back to the road. Although it sucked at the time, it’s definitely fun to look back and laugh at it. The next day, we headed to the dunes at Jockeys Ridge. According to outerbanks.org, the dunes at Jockey’s Ridge are the largest natural sand dunes in the eastern United States. We had a bunch of other fun experiences that should probably not be mentioned on an English blog. All in all, we had an excellent time that I will never forget. I would recommend a trip to Nags Head to anyone that loves the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment